(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

Jack Smith jack.smith.1946 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:20:05 PDT 2010

Quetzal has been Prolocutor for 33 years when Silk is enlightened.   I
assumed he had come aboard the Whorl only a year or two before he became
head of the Chapter, and then, as a shape-shifter, Quetzal took the place of
a promising human augur who was already in line to become Prolocutor.

The way Quetzal gets to the Whorl is, as far as I can tell, not explained in
the text.

I have a related question.  How do the inhumi travel from Green to Blue?  At
conjunction, the two planets are 105,000 miles apart (In Green's Jungles,
chap. 15).  This means most of the distance would be a vacuum, and so the
ability of inhumi to fly like bats would be of no help.  After all, birds
can't fly from the earth to the moon.

But if the inhumi use some sort of mysterious astral projection, then why do
they need to wait for conjunction to invade Blue?

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Stuart Hamm <hammstu at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> James...I thought someone posted that the Whorl had only been in orbit
> around B&G for about 40 years, and that Patera Q was so deeply ingrained in
> the society that he had to have been there much longer than that...
>

> Mobile   (415) 786-3624
> *STUHAMM.COM*
> FACEBOOK/STUARTHAMM
> myspace.com/stuhamm