(urth) list slowdown

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:15:36 PDT 2010

  Mark,

Label me chastened.

I hereby promise to play by the rules from now on. Although I'm doing it
"by rote" without any real comprehension of the problems of those who
want it to slow down. Do people read all their mail on line? I thought
IMAP systems like gmail had made that unnecessary. Do they feel a
genuine need to follow every thread from start to finish? Can't you just
create a rule to put anything with "urth" in the in a separate folder?

Perhaps people want to feel like they can walk away from their email for
three days without being left behind in the discussion. I suppose I get
that.

I don't change titles at all anymore although it's beyond me why it
matters. If anything, I like a proliferation of titles because I can
quickly decide if I want to read it.

Oh well, this is the last you'll hear from me today and I'll limit
myself to below quota tomorrow.

u+16b9