(urth) list slowdown

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Mon Aug 16 15:32:10 PDT 2010

> Folks,
>
> I had forty-two distinct threads from the Urth List comprising one
> hundred ninety-three notes when I looked at my e-mail account today.
> I last looked on Friday around 5:00 pm, so taking the intervening time
> as three days, that's an average of fourteen threads and sixty-four
> notes per day.
>
> Ranjit has asked, more than once, that people limit themselves to five
> messages per day, but apparently very few people have heeded him.

Can you seriously say why it is more important for us to post less instead
of you to be more selective? I don't follow every thread here any more
than I read every line of the newspaper, or even every article in a
magazine devoted to a certain subject of my interest.

If it's not the overall volume, would fewer, longer posts suit you? Would
fewer, thicker threads be better?

Equiring minds and Sturgeon's Lawyers want to know.