(urth) The Two Katharines

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 12:13:25 PDT 2010

> /"She took the wax head from Master Gurloes and pretended to replace
> it on her shoulders, slipping it by some sleight into the fuligin
> cloth, then standing before us radiant and whole. I knelt before her,
> and the others withdrew./
> /
> She raised the sword with which I had so lately struck off her head;
> the blade was bloody now from some contact with the wax. "You are of
> the torturers," she said."/

Alice Cooper used to have himself beheaded during his shows at the turn
of the 70s decade. It's an old illusion.

This scene parallels the both the story of the Green Knight and the
Islamic beheading of Ishmael.

I can't look it up now, but someone said the sword was made of mahogany.
That's not an especially light material.

u+16b9