(urth) The Two Katharines

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 11:48:49 PDT 2010

>Jeff Wilson: You can't reasonably expect a series of somatic clones to fortuitously
>commit a willful, uncoerced criminal act each year in turn.

Why not? With conditioning, people die in self-sacrificial manner every day in our world
and they do it for mere religious or patriotic reasons and are often labeled criminals
by their enemies. Would you die to save the life of your closest family member? Only
identical twins know what it is like to have a family member as close as a clone.

Moreover if a Catherine khaibit was trained from birth that her most holy duty and
purpose in life was to perform as Holy Katharine for the torturers at age 30. I could
see it happening. Would she really be so jealous of the other khaibits who were forced
to spend their lives working in a whorehouse and getting their blood sucked out?

Still, I can imagine one of the khaibits getting pissed off and running away. Why was
that dark-haired, oval faced, pale-gowned woman being escorted by guards on the Path
of Air? Why was the dark-haired corpse in a pale gown dead? It would involve time
travel.....

I am interested in any other theories explaining the Path of Air. I have not heard any
so far.

>Those sperm care produced continuously and die contiguously whether the leave the body
>or not.

Heh, heh, sure. Same with blood cells. Same with amputated arm cells. Methinks you might
be arguing for the sake of argument or to distract attention from that damn heavy sword.

I liked your wedding argument though.