(urth) Standard Wolfean Riddle

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 05:56:18 PDT 2010

>James Wynn: "What happened to Christianity in on Urth?" Answer: There
>was a Catholic Church and there were saints, but there was no Jesus.
>Urth is in a gnostic iteration of Briah and Severian is its Christ.

This is essentially my view also. I'm not sure if I would have included
the Catholic Church on Urth, but Dorcas does mention a "rood".

I think it is an interesting thought experiment to consider what the
Catholic Church would be like without any Jesus. Perhaps Wolfe also.

>From a Christian perspective I find it pretty depressing to think that
after tens of thousands of years of Christ influence Earth would
turn out as bleak as Urth.