(urth) The Key to the Universe

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 10:00:56 PDT 2010

>> James Wynn--assuming one lived in an environment where all life was
>> intelligently designed, questions about how an undefined intelligent
>> life might have arisen naturally in an some unknown environment would be
>> an entirely speculative question--beyond the realm of hard science. The
>> principles of engineering would be the best path for understanding
>> biology. Paleontology would be Architectural History.
>
> Jeff Wilson--I don't think this is necessarily the case, unless you
> include the possibility of radically variant physical laws that would
> prevent any kind of emergent, self-organizing behavior; a universe
> without spiral galaxies or snowflakes.

Well, lets assume that life on a planet was intelligently
designed...that it was an artifice. And lets assume that after that
moment and for 3 billion years following, although the life changed
superficially over time, no new life developed there on its own--that
all the life found there was a descendant of the originally ID life
(this part is actually applicable to our planet). It would be reasonable
to presume that studying the ID life would tell us nothing about life
(intelligent or otherwise) that occurred by purely natural means. In
fact, the planet would tell us nothing about the environment necessary
for life to occur naturally.

u+16b9