(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Sat Aug 14 04:09:54 PDT 2010

From: Ryan Dunn
> I suppose there was an action which triggered the universe's collapse, and the completion of the Hierogrammates sounds as good as any. Did they destroy that universe and escape to Yesod?

> Another question is, when Severian activates the White Fountain, is he imploding Briah, and birthing Post-Briah?

I would understand the birth growth and collapse of a single universe as a natural cycle, not needing a trigger.  It is just a standard FRW description of the uiniverse with density greater than critical, and no cosmological constant.  Multiple sequential Briahs can be treated the same.

They got away before the collapse, but there's no reason they should have caused it.

- Gerry Quinn