(urth) The Two Coins...

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Aug 13 13:50:04 PDT 2010

On 8/13/2010 2:51 PM, Ryan Dunn wrote:
> However, the possibility of it being the same coin still seems plausible. I base this on the staging of Severian at the end of Citadel turning both coins over in his hands. There's almost a wink to the camera, so-to-speak there, and there's also Severian stating he now walks the corridors of time, and he's not the first Severian.

If they were the same coin within a span of each other, wouldn't they
implode?

I don't think Sev has both coins at once. He recovers Vodalus' coin
shortly after his return to the Citadel, but Dr Talos gives him the
other coin a decade later, and it's a bit odd that he would have the
other immediately. His keen memory would let him compare them mentally
as easily as physically, as he has noted many times in almost as direct
language.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >