(urth) The Two Coins...

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Fri Aug 13 07:58:58 PDT 2010

Ryan Dunn wrote:
> P.S. I wondered where the passage was that led people to assume it was the
Old Autarch's face on the front, and not Tzdakiel's. Anyone?<

There is more than one passage. In the third chapter of SHADOW, when he
finally looks at the coin he got from Vodalus, he sees what he at first
thought was a woman's face on the obverse. And in the last line of the
chapter he says the face is androgynous, which is how the Old Autarch is
often described. Put that together with the fact that Sev's face was on the
coins when he was autarch, and Valeria's face was on the coins after she
became the ruler, and one must conclude that the androgynous face on the
Vodalus coin was that of the sitting autarch. At least so this one
concludes. And I won't argue it; I'm just answering the question since,
IIRC, this is the second time you have asked it.

-Roy