(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:04:01 PDT 2010

>Antonio Marques: You probably do not intend it, but your assertions on how your
>hyoptheses have support do not sit well with many. It's not the
>hypotheses themselves, it's both your insistence that they have textual
>support - where most view at bestest a tiny possibility that they aren't
>outright excluded, i.e., they may be possible readings, but not
>certainly the 'supported' ones - and your occasional dropping of wild
>interpretations as if they were obvious and universally accepted. Then
>you don't really like it when you're called on that. That's what comes
>across - at best - as sanctimonius.

Antonio I'm not sure what you are suggesting or asking of me. Are you saying
 my purpose here is to please the "many"? It isn't. I believe in the sanctity of
the one on one author-reader relationship. I seek to improve my *own* understanding
of Wolfe books and I am doing that through discussion with others. If my words help
someone else, as their words help me that is icing on the cake.

I do not believe anything is "universally accepted" or.....(have to go back and check
Roy C. Lackey's phrase)..."accepted Lupine gospel". What does that mean? That one should
give up one's own interpretation of the books simply to conform to the codified holy
writings of...whom? What? ..I don't know WHAT the heck that means. Was there a vote I
was unware of? How am I supposed to  improve my personal interpretations if I am being
asked to join a conformist community or calcified religion?

If you read my posts you will find I usually qualify my statements with "I think"
or "in my view".  This is not sanctimony. That is how I feel. My ideas are mine
and do not serve the purpose of coercing someone else's ideas to be like mine.

Must I stop saying "I think.." and start saying, "this most humble and unworthy
Wolfe acolyte, meekly submits to the super-majority a worthless minority
interpretation which has no texual support and is surely wrong"? I don't know what
you are suggesting.

Well, doesn't matter. I think I am being polite and considerate in my posts. I apologize
to those who feel otherwise.