(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

António Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:12:53 PDT 2010

Lee Berman wrote:

>> Tony, crystal clear understanding of the speech of Hierogrammates
>> is  surely a skill to be admired.
>> Tony Ellis: Sanctimony, less so.
>
> Tony, my comment was not sanctimony but meant purely as sarcasm
> though prompted by the perception of sanctimony and condescension on
> your part. Perhaps I misread you and you were not talking down to me
> but actually trying to learn something from our communication. My
> apologies either way.

You probably do not intend it, but your assertions on how your
hyoptheses have support do not sit well with many. It's not the
hypotheses themselves, it's both your insistence that they have textual
support - where most view at bestest a tiny possibility that they aren't
outright excluded, i.e., they may be possible readings, but not
certainly the 'supported' ones - and your occasional dropping of wild
interpretations as if they were obvious and universally accepted. Then
you don't really like it when you're called on that. That's what comes
across - at best - as sanctimonius.