(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 10:19:04 PDT 2010

>Tony Ellis- You think that when Hierogrammates say "your own race made us" they
>mean 'the human beings of your particular universe'. They don't. They
>just mean 'human beings'. The endless virtually identical iterations
>of Briah all contain Severian's 'own race'.

Tony, crystal clear understanding of the speech of Hierogrammates is surely a skill
to be admired. I did promise in my last post that it was a last shot so I'll leave it
at that. The issue of what is meant by "cognate race" had been nicely discussed in
recent posts by Antonio Marques, David Stockhoff and James Wynn. I'm certain they do a
better job than I can.

:- )