(urth) Brook Madregot runs between

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 07:33:20 PDT 2010

>James Wynn: "*Yesod, the universe higher than our own*"

>Lee,The problem is much bigger than this single phrase. As I detailed, that
>entire passage makes the construct that Yesod is in our chain of
>universes untenable, however much I am viscerally inclined to that model.

James, I went back and re-read your post and again I couldn't find anything
that makes Yesod as successor to Briah as untenable. Perhaps you can explain?

For, example the bit about vantage point, looking both forward and back. I don't
see the need for leapfrogging universes.

As I see it the Hiero race created Hierogrammates but perished in the destruction of
Briah. Hierogrammates were able to escape to the next universe, Yesod.

They are parked at the beginning of Yesod. Hence Severian doesn't have to travel
far to reach the Yesod planet. With this "machine planet" Hierogrammates are in the
process of constructing the future planets of Yesod, including, eventually, Earth (not Urth).

Thus from this early Yesod vantage point they are able both to work forward to construct the
future of Yesod and send agents back to Briah to ensure their own creation.

Does this work?