(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 06:57:44 PDT 2010

>Tony Ellis: The simplest way of seeing it is as a big blob, with a horizontal
>chain of little blobs beneath it. Each little blob is one of the succession of
>Briahtic universes. They come and go, but Yesod endures. I would go further and
>say that the chain of little blobs is inside the big blob, but don’t worry about
>that for now. :-)

Sounds very Kabballic. Based on the Sephiroth? Given the names Wolfe used for his
universes it is difficult to dismiss a strict Kabballic interpretation out of hand.
Still, the Wolfe quote I posted suggests the possibility that he chose the names
without intending to adhere strictly to their original meaning.

>The text says the ship goes back in time to get to Yesod.

The text says a lot of things, some contradictory, some with multiple interpretations,
depending on the reader. I don't see the point of selectively choosing certain passages
and ignoring all the other contradictory ones, especially when people have gone through
the trouble to find them and post them here.

But perhaps that is unfair.  I guess a good question to ask is whether a poster's theory
regarding BotNS is a walled castle which must be defended from attack or a living entity
with the capacity for evolution. Both approaches serve a purpose and we shouldn't expect
people to go against their own nature.