(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

Tony Ellis tonyellis69 at btopenworld.com
Tue Aug 10 11:26:19 PDT 2010

> Lee Berman wrote:
>My view is that Briah precedes Yesod in the cosmic timeline

and David Stockhoff :
> (2) In Yesod, Briah has indeed vanished. All of human history is in the past.

In chapter XXII of UotNS, when Severian is in Yesod, he says: "They
were people I'd known... Thecla, Agilus, Casdoe... Perhaps they're all
dead now, all ghosts, though I didn't know it."
Apheta corrects him: "They are unborn. Surely you know that time runs
backward when the ship sails swiftly. I told you myself. They are
unborn, as you are."

If they have travelled back in time to get to Yesod, it can't be in
Briah's future.