(urth) Severian's sister/ancestry - query.

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Aug 5 22:06:13 PDT 2010

On 8/5/2010 11:14 PM, Ryan Dunn wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2010, at 12:08 AM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
>
>> Dude, are we reading the same books? Sev says multiple times he's broken every oath he's ever made, every guild stricture, ...he breaks rules left and right, starting with treason as he breaks curfew on his way home from playing truant and swimming in polluted water. He is *literally* a rebellious youth from opening page until he crowns his career of evil by eating the king's brains!
>>
>> Then he takes about a decade break and only lies,, cheats, and steals in the approved fashion of statecraft before he shows he still has what it takes to break all the rules by allying with alien monsters from another universe that help him destroy the world!
>

> You had me until alien monsters. Severian at no point that I saw allies with alien monsters with the intention of destroying Urth.

Alpheta, Tzadkiel, Famulimus, Barbatus, and Inire are all alien
creatures from beyond time and space whose existence follows physical
laws foreign to all urthly experience. They masquerade as humans,
befriend and seduce Severian in furtherance of their alien agenda and
are the parties responsible for the White Fountain and its genocidal,
climate changing, mass-extinction-event, continent shuffling flood.

They all had good reasons for doing all this, but it's not like they
asked permission or gave due process.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >