(urth) Grand Unified Theory

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Sat Aug 28 18:29:46 PDT 2010

James Wynn wrote:

Oh no! I'm quite certain Orpine herself is significant somehow. I

believe she is Blood's daughter (thus a connection to Mucor), but I

think there is more than that. Her murder was prophesied in Silk's first

enlightenment, but then she appears in his second enlightenment on his

wedding night.

I've never made the connection of Orpine's murder to the woman's body
in the alley off Silver Street, because her body was properly buried
and was never left in an alley. But it *could have been*: Blood was
going to "dispose of the body somehow" until Silk intervened.

Silk's manse was at the intersection of Sun and Silver streets.
Leaving the body of a murdered prostitute near Silk's home would bring
shame and suspicion on the palaestra, which the vindictive Blood might
well think of doing.

All right, I'll accept that theory. It's better than anything I've
ever heard for that part of the enlightenment vision.  Her being
Blood's daughter is also plausible though not certain. Orchid was
pretty vehement that Blood not pay for any part of Orpine's funeral.