(urth) Grand Unified Theory

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Aug 25 10:28:04 PDT 2010

Webster's Third implicates Arabic as well, but confirms the Greek
connection.

The Greeks colonized and ruled Central Asia for hundreds of years. They
would have had plenty of opportunity to come up with imaginative names
for winds.

It must have gotten into Cantonese from India as a sort of technical
nautical term for a strong ocean storm wind.