(urth) GUTs and so on

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Tue Aug 24 14:06:03 PDT 2010

On Aug 24, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Craig Brewer wrote:

> That Severian
> may have died and come back (either resurrected or as an eidolon) multiple times
> in BotNS, say, has all kinds of philosophical and theological ramifications for
> the story. Guessing that some minor character may be his second cousin once
> removed by hidden marriage on his step mother's side, however...not so much.

Then how do we justify the fact that Wolfe spends more than a couple pages explaining in clues how Dorcas is Severian's grandmother. What bigger ramifications does this have to the story? Family tree encounters from another time and place, mayhap?

Dan'l, I think there's credence to what you say. I personally like to throw an idea that I cannot decipher out to a group of intelligent people who happen to read the same author from time to time. Where the hell else can I do THAT??

...ryan