(urth) Grand Unified Theory

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 19:01:14 PDT 2010

>James Wynn:  Perhaps this works for you in The Book of the New Sun, but how
>do you incorporate it into The Book of the Long Sun?

>Some see Silk as a clone of Typhon. Others think he is the son of Typhon
>and the original Kypris. I think both is true. But that would put a big
>question mark on the nature of Silk and Typhon's daughter as well. On
>that matter, when we see her in soul-form, she is a young girl.
>Shouldn't she have been, I don't know, a little more alien?

James, I confess that understanding BotNS has always been my primary goal
with other stories being more accessory to it. Urth/Earth is the home of
humanity and it remains central as the creche of the race which is formed
in the image of God. Weird-looking aliens are just not as important. If the
humaniform Hierogrammates continue to progress in each successive universe as
I tend to think, eventually it will also be that God has been formed in the
image of Man. But perhaps that interpretation is heresy. Wouldn't be my first time.

Anyway my GUT finds Long and Short Sun stories much less cosmologically important.
They are good for a continued elaboration on the Wolfean religious sequence that
includes the need for both purification and salvation in the history of a planet
(or Whorl as it were).

I need some clarification. I don't see how Silk can be an identical clone to Typhon
but also be the genetically diverse product of sexual reproduction with Kypris. Also
I'm afraid I need my memory jogged. Can you explain "Silk and Typhon's daughter" and
her being a young girl in soul-form? Is Hyacinth involved with this in some way?

With some explanation of these, I hope to be able to answer your question.