(urth) New Wolfe stories

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:53:50 PDT 2010

> Gwern Branwen - Hm. A future earth, an interstellar war, time travel, and love. Maybe
> we're getting another entry in the AEG-verse, one which isn't so
> 'heavily expurgated of the overarching story' (as one MLer put it,
> IIRC).

Funny. Unless Wolfe has changed his mind, there is a character named
REES [phonetically represented because I don't know how it's spelled.] I
asked him whether the similarity in this name and that of Bill Ries
meant Home Fires was a continuation of AEG and The Tree Is My Hat. He
replied, "I don't think the names are similar".

I responded "Really???". Then he immediately went into a story [cutting
me off IMO] about how how he has messed up with naming in the past
because the main character in The Other Dead Man was named Will Ries. In
short, he didn't explicitly answer my question.

u+16b9