(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 07:47:29 PDT 2010

> Lee- I'm sensing a misunderstanding of my general framework for BotNS,
> which Roy derisively calls the "Grand Unified Theory". I have one which
> works pretty well for me but I understand it doesn't always jibe with
> the theories of others causing misunderstandings. I'll post my G.U.T.
> sometime soon if it seems worth it

Definitely do!

>> James Wynn- Look, in the five New Sun books, we never meet a megatherian...
>
> I disagree. By naming convention alone I think we do meet one. [snip]...we have another character who is unequivocally named for a mythological monster. And this one we do meet. Typhon of course. By his name alone we can group him with the others. His human form should not fool us. That was a common trick of the ancient gods.

So you don't think Typhon is human? I might have been more likely to
believe that before "An Evil Guest". But the similarities between Typhon
and Bill Ries make me think the latter is a re-fashioning of the former.

This post brings up a lot of questions for me which I suspect would be
answered by your GUT. So I'll wait.

u+16b9