(urth) Seven American Nights procession

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Wed Aug 18 06:53:56 PDT 2010

David Stockhoff wrote:

> A theater could be closed "for Easter" on a Saturday. That would make it a
> Good Friday procession. And Saturdays are party nights.

You can't have a Good Friday parade on Holy Saturday, I don't think. The
party was on the evening of the day he saw the procession. (It's my theory,
however, that nothing described on the last day is real. I think it was all
forged by the American secret police, who wanted Nadan to disappear.)

Case for Good Friday:
Singing was plaintive?  "ritual pleas for renewal of life."
A crucifix rather than an empty cross? "the dead leader lifted up"

Case against it:
Not done at night (but that might be too dangerous).
Odd theater closing day.

Case for Holy Saturday:
Good party day.

Case against it:
I've never heard of Holy Saturday processions.

Case for Easter Sunday:
Good party day (though maybe not for costume parties).
Processions of this sort are done around the world on Easter Sunday.