(urth) Patera Incus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 09:47:35 PDT 2010

  On 8/16/2010 9:16 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> Gerry Quinn -- Well, if Incus is in love with Fulmar, whether it is a
> homosexual or heterosexual love depends mainly on what Incus has under
> his robe, about which we can really only speculate!  For the record
> though, I think your theory that Incus is a woman is somewhat
> plausible, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that he is a man.

I see your point.
But for me, I see proofs (which, granted, are of a nature that you might
not find compelling) that --without these letters -- would have strongly
inclined me to believe that Wolfe was thematically associating a
homosexual Incus as a female. (And I would have been embarrassed for the
man.) "Soldier of the Mist" inclines me to think he would not be so
naive. And gratefully, we do have these letters and the sacrifice of
Hyacinth that cause me to *not* imagine Maytera Corn as the Prolocutor
prancing around in female drag calling himself "Hymencallis".

u+16b9