(urth) Standard Wolfean Riddle

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Mon Aug 16 07:48:45 PDT 2010

From: "António Pedro Marques" <entonio at gmail.com>

> I can't see why God would send a 'better' Jesus to a given universe. Also,
> I think Severian comes too late in History to be the local Jesus.

It may not be truly late in the history of Urth.  Although there is some
contradictory evidence with regard to geological processes, my personal view
is that Severian's time is perhaps fifty to a hundred thousand years from
now.  If so, there are still hundreds of millions of years to go (and if the
Sun gets too hot, as astrophysicists say it eventually will, perhaps we can
then ask for the black hole to be put back!).

- Gerry Quinn