(urth) Standard Wolfean Riddle

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 06:44:12 PDT 2010

Lee Berman wrote (16-08-2010 13:56):

> I think it is an interesting thought experiment to consider what the
> Catholic Church would be like without any Jesus. Perhaps Wolfe also.

The short answer is that there wouldn't be a Catholic Church. But if for the
sake of the argument one were possible, then I think it would be an
interesting exercise, but not in this multiverse, where there is at least
one universe with a real Jesus. Why and how could God send a redeemer to
Earth but not to other parts of his creation which are in as much need of
one? What would even be the point of a universe without Incarnation?

> From a Christian perspective I find it pretty depressing to think that
> after tens of thousands of years of Christ influence Earth would turn out
> as bleak as Urth.

Aren't we heading straight there, only after 2 thousand years?