(urth) The Key to the Universe

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 16:26:41 PDT 2010

  On 8/13/2010 5:40 PM,  wrote:
> On 8/13/2010 4:49 PM,  wrote:
>> James Wynn - I mean, who knows what sort of things would interest an
>> Intelligent Designer if such a person were located, and why would it
>> matter? Even Richard Dawkins has accepted the concept of a personal
>> Intelligent
>> Designer as a non-problem so long as the designer were understood to be
>> an alien race that developed according natural processes.
>
> Jeff Wilson - That's begging the question, in the original sense.
> Somehow intelligence had arise for the first time in the universe,
> unless you have a steady state universe where intelligence has always
> existed. There is very strong support for the Big Bang, so the steady
> state model is not convincing locally.

True. But, assuming one lived in an environment where all life was
intelligently designed, questions about how an undefined intelligent
life might have arisen naturally in an some unknown environment would be
an entirely speculative question--beyond the realm of hard science. The
principles of engineering would be the best path for understanding
biology. Paleontology would be Architectural History.

u+16b9