(urth) The Key to the Universe

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 14:49:18 PDT 2010

  On 8/13/2010 3:31 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> I don't have a problem with the universe ultimately being of
> intelligent design, but I feel that people saying the intelligence
> *had* to intervene over time instead of making the universe
> self-building is presumptious. I also find it more in character for a
> divinity who is supposed to have a personal relationship with every
> intelligent being to devote Their interventions to the people rather
> than the pile of rocks they live on.

As I understand the theory of Intelligent Design, it posits that some
natural and biological phenomena/processes  are best understood and
predicted if they are addressed with sciences such as engineering rather
than natural selection. If I have understood it right, your perplexity
is that you are applying metaphysical import to merely practical systems.

I mean, who knows what sort of things would interest an Intelligent
Designer if such a person were located, and why would it matter? Even
Richard Dawkins has accepted the concept of a personal Intelligent
Designer as a non-problem so long as the designer were understood to be
an alien race that developed according natural processes.

u+16b9