(urth) The Two Coins

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 09:59:37 PDT 2010

>Roy C. Lackey- BTW, if I had to guess who had dropped a false coin at the play that night,
>it would be Hildegrin. Somewhere, IIRC, he said that he had been keeping an
>eye on Sev for Vodalus, and Vodalus was shown to pass bad coins.

I agree with Roy. Hildegren is a prime suspect. Perhaps better than Hethor because he is
intimately associated with Vodalus at the beginning of the story. Hethor is only tangentially
associated with Vodalus and at the end of the story.

The one reason I like Hethor as a candidate better is that he has more potential for being a
"big picture" stellar-level player in the game. Why would Wolfe devote so much attention with
the false coin to ultimately point only to Hildegren? (unless I am underestimating the Badger's
importance?)