(urth) The Two Coins...

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Fri Aug 13 08:29:56 PDT 2010

On Aug 13, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Roy C. Lackey wrote:

> Put that together with the fact that Sev's face was on the coins when he was autarch, and Valeria's face was on the coins after she became the ruler, and one must conclude that the androgynous face on the Vodalus coin was that of the sitting autarch. At least so this one concludes. And I won't argue it;

Okay, but it is called a false coin and rather readily by Dr. Talos, so what marks it as false? Dr. Talos is quick to tell Severian and Dorcas to be careful using the second coin which matches the one in Severian's mausoleum. Who is supposed to be on the coin besides the Autarch at that time?

I just thought that, since Tzadkiel is a hierogrammate, that androgynous or feminine could apply to him as well, combined with his ship. It would mean the coin came from somewhere else, and might have some meaning.

> I'm just answering the question since, IIRC, this is the second time you have asked it.

Yes, thanks for answering. I've asked of it before, but it was buried in a different thread and long since forgotten or ignored I think.

...ryan