(urth) Limited Good Choices

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:41:51 PDT 2010

>Nicholas Jost: If you look in the archive there was the assumption in a post that
>as people moved "up" towards Yesod that choices would be limited.  Nothing in the
>text or Catholic theology supports such silliness.

I am guessing this was my post you are referring to. It is based on the idea that
we humans feel we have choices because of the limits to our perception of the future.
We can only guess what will happen if we do something, so we feel we have choices.

If we could see into the future we would be limited in our choices. We wouldn't
wonder what we should do because we'd know what we are about to do. An omniscient
being would have no choices whatsovever. He/She would know how everything in the
universe(s)  fits precisely with everything else at all time points and in all
frames of refrence. Total knowledge=no choice. Can't use a branched universe
dodge because God knows exactly where every branch leads to to its end-most twig.

I apologize for going off topic a bit. It is my own general philosophical musings.
And you are correct that my own general philosophies are not particularly guided
by Wolfe text or the Catholic church.