(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Aug 12 17:17:23 PDT 2010

> Right here, giving reasons ...

 > Imagine a ghost story that ends, "The ghost was ... MYSELF!"
>
> Now imagine one that ends, "The ghost was ... some guy I never met! Over
> there ... somewhere."
>
> Which one does Wolfe pick, over and over?

Doesn't he usually work both in? Severian is the Conciliator, and Apu
Punchau. But there's another Apu Punchau, and there were other Severians
who weren't either one. Marsch is an abo, but there was a real Marsch we
never met, and there then there's the Homeric Greeks and a German who
don't actually appear but are still pretty important.