(urth) Yesod- what is it?

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Aug 12 12:48:31 PDT 2010

What I was thinking is that, if the Hieromakers escaped to Yesod, it must have been available to them somehow. Perhaps it was discovered through FTL travel. Given that common SF tropes underly the books---and the older tropes are often deployed in TBotNS as though they were simple things we learned as children, because we DID learn them as children---it seems possible. And we know from Star Trek that it is possible to live and breathe there in a ship.

If they had then learned to colonize hyperspace, it could lead to completely artifical machine planets like Apheta's, there being no native ones to colonize.

Just a thought. For all I know, this would mean that the Yesodi planets must all be travelling at N or FTL to stay in hyperspace.