(urth) Brook Madregot runs between

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 10:54:42 PDT 2010

On 8/11/2010 12:12 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> These are good points, I think that's how the BOTNS was written
> originally, but the flood would break the covenant with Noah, so
> URTH's record of the flood coming to pass necessitates that at least
> the fifth volume comes from another cycle than our own.

I don't think Wolfe was considering the Noahtic covenant when he wrote
about the flood. Does he mention it in the Sun cycle at all? The Noahtic
covenant could hardly be as problematic as the Church devolving into
worship of the Concilliator or the Charter. Essentially, the stories
work fine as one from our distant future, and we shouldn't try to apply
theologic import to their basic Setting.

But if one must, the references to Jesus do not prevent Briah from being
a previous universe. Silk sees Jesus during enlightenment from the
Outsider. The Crucifixion & Resurrection could well be seen as a key
iconic event between the Increate and humanity--one which the Creator
uses to "infect" all his other universes.

u+16b9