(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 10:19:12 PDT 2010

> The Hiero-dudes escaped their Briah and somehow entered into this Briah's
> Yesod, following the lead of their creators. These creators passed on into
> the meta-eternity, leaving the Hiero-dudes behind. They now seek to
> re-create their creators, and when these ascend, this time they will not be
> left behind.

If this is true, then how does this jibe with what Severian says in Citadel:

"But the beings Humanity had shaped into what men and
women wished to be escaped, opening a passage to Yesod,
the universe higher than our own, where they created worlds
suited to what they had become.
*From that vantage point they look both forward and back*,
and in so looking they have discovered us.

Why would the Hierogrammates look _forward_ in hopes of finding Severian
if they know quite well that he is behind them and that that one behind
them is the only one they care about?

u+16b9