(urth) Boatman as Inire

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Tue Aug 10 07:59:10 PDT 2010

Jeff Wilson quoted and wrote:
> > Apparently so, because Sev was warned not to destroy the revived corpse.
Sev
> > thought that the revived-corpse version of Apu that he left behind is
the
> > Apu who came to the seance in the stone town and got zapped. (URTH, LI,
363)

> I mean, what is the point of resurrecting Sev as an eidolon so that he
> could return to the future? There's no danger of the corpse going
anywhere.

Oh. He had to go back to the future to write his second manuscript. <g>
That, and he had other trips to make in time, such as being in the crowd who
came to Sev's aid when he was attacked by Zama at the inn, and to mess with
the mausoleum, and whatnot. And the corpse had to go to the seance and leave
that cape behind.

-Roy