(urth) Hierogrammates, Briah and Yesod

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:40:33 PDT 2010

Wouldn't this contradict the notion of simultaneously-existing
universes that are "ranked' in order of ascension, a la the Kabbalah?

I agree that it is difficult to compare Briah and Yesod as they
represent different Kabbalastic concepts, but I've always thought of
one "ascending" (literally/figuratively) through Briah and coming out
in Yesod, and vice-versa, as though the two can coexist temporally but
not spatially.

Which is not to say that Wolfe might not have intended the Kabbalistic
parallels to actually run so parallel.  He may have just thought,
"wow, these names sound neat.  I think I'll use them."

LH