(urth) Resurrections

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Aug 2 13:11:43 PDT 2010

Sure, I mean---is an exact range important?

I don't see the text ("hundreds" of autarchs) as out of line. It suggests long, very bad periods in the Commonwealth's history, when it was sustained only by technology and its relative isolation. (The Byzantines, by contrast, had many enemies, or at least many directions from which an enemy could approach.)

But an attendant point might be that the line of succession was unbroken nevertheless.