(urth) Resurrections

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Aug 1 13:36:05 PDT 2010

On 8/1/2010 1:36 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> Some autarchs may have ruled for only a week.

That's not unusual for popes or kings either. John-Paul I reigned a
month, Jane Grey for 9 days, and IIRC the Hawaiian Kamehameha dynasty
ended with the last couple of heirs reigning for less than a day apiece.
These rates can't be sustained with anything like stability, and are
more than compensated for by the Victorias and Henrys, who come to the
throne young and live on into vigorous old age.

Appian-Severian-Valeria cover a minimum of eight decades, I'd say, and
Ymar could easily have been one of the child-Autarchs as well as
reigning long enough to be credited with his various deeds and commands,
even if he didn't actually do or complete all of them. This leaves about
nine hundred years for all but one of the hundreds the Old Autarch spoke
of, surely they can do better than that? In the 900 years following the
Norman Conquest there were only 45 English monarchs.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >