(urth) "TRACKING SONG" animal/human analogs

sean ako geoffreyfourmylepyre at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 06:13:43 PDT 2010

Urthers,
 Don't you think that the animal/human analogs in the story are "engineered" organisms (GMO's) I mean,
umpteen separate intelligiences couldn't evolve on the same small planet.  Especially in such a pauperized
environment (think full winter forever(?) a "season of death.")  They all conform to earth animals (wolves,
elk, boars etc..) and the Min are certainly products of advanced cybernetics/surgery with "parts" taken from such animal/human analogs (read your text - Cutthroat says they don't "match" and vary from one
individual to another.)  Cutthroat and Mantru are the only "true" humans (Homo sapiens) while all the other
"humans" in the story, though they look human (or sometimes less or more than human) are animal/human
analogs; GMO's engineered by the humans of the Great Sleigh.  In fact, I would posit that the entire planet
is artificial:  trees, animals, fish, environment and "humans"(animal analog humans.)  The Great Sleigh has
returned to tinker with their experiment (the reflector curtain Cutthroat sees) to bring a better environment
(see Whiteapple's talk with Cutthroat about the knowledge they learned from the people of the Great
Sleigh.)

Sean Ako