(urth) mary king & shell

Hassan Lopez hassanlopez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 13:48:34 PDT 2010

My apologies to the list if this has already been discussed but one
additional curiosity I've noticed on my 2nd reading of the Sorcerer's House:

In letter #21 (Bax to Shell), Bax asks Shell, "Have you ever heard of a Mary
King?" (p. 157).  Mary King doesn't make her formal appearance until letter
#25, but it is clear that Bax is writing this letter to Shell after the
events of the night described in letters #22 and #23 (the "Silver Bullet"
chapters).

Why would Bax ask Shell, a prisoner (and murderer?) about Mary King, a dead
resident of Medicine Man?  Is there some connection between Shell and
Medicine Man that I'm missing?