(urth) Ted = Goldwurm?

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 06:40:14 PDT 2010

Just on Doris' motivation: she does admit in her letter that money was a big reason she was interested in him. I took that to mean that, initially, she was using him (she needed to take a potential client out, knew he at least had a house, soon learned he was inheriting profitable land, etc.), but, over time, her feelings might have changed.

But one of the reasons that I was initially attracted to the "all a scam" possibility was how it seemed like so many people in this book at one point or another are trying to scam someone else.