(urth) TSH: Ted's identity

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 06:36:52 PDT 2010

>> I mean, is it really

>> possible that Goldwurm would throw Ambrosius' body in the river with
>> expensive-looking jewelry still on it?

>Goldwurm apparently
>didn't know the ring's worth because he couldn't see the worth.

Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly, but are we ever told specifically that Goldwurm killed Ambrosius and threw his body in the river? I can't seem to find it.

And as long as we're talking about small gold things, what about the coins? The coin collector says they're probably greek with Athena on one side. But he never identifies the other side, although we get a lot of talk about how it is NOT an amazon. Ideas? Significance? I'm a bit at a loss about why the coin stash was specifically Greek rather than generic magic fairy coins or some such.

But the ancient Greek echoes in this have me a bit confused, since that's a different set of myths from faerie that seem to operate in very different ways. Nonetheless, we have Bax's degree in classics, the greek coins, Greek names (and wasn't "Doris" a minor sea god?), didn't they even hit a Mediterranean restaurant once?