(urth) TSH: Ted's identity

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Thu Apr 22 14:07:55 PDT 2010

James Wynn wrote:
> Bax got the onyx ring from the River. Personally, with Ted's ring
> already in play, I had never bothered to speculate on a previous owner
> of the ring. But if there were one, then wouldn't he be in the River?

I'm not following you. The gold ring with the dark stone that Bax found in
the catfish had belonged to Ambrosius (270). It was the "weapon of sorcery"
wherein Ambrosius had stored some of his power, the item Goldwurm hadn't
been able to find (73). Ambrosius had supposedly been strangled and his body
thrown in a river (74), probably the same river we have been talking about.

Ted's body (the list of characters says he was Doris's "late husband") had
been placed in a casket and buried (36). So Ted's body was never in the
river. The body parts Lupine called up from the river had come from victims
of the "Horror Hound", as Martha called it (285).

-Roy