(urth) TSH: Doris and Lupine

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 16:33:27 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:14 PM,  <brunians at brunians.org> wrote:
>> There's a lot more happening in Dhalgren than things being seriously out
>> of order.
>
> Well, _yes_...

I once tried to read _Dhalgren_; couldn't finish it.

As it happens, Delany was a guest this year at I-CON and I attended
one of his panels and watched a fair bit of the Delany movie; both
covered _Dhalgren_ at some length.

I won't give any speciously specific quotes since I wasn't especially
interested in the comments on _Dhalgren_, but I gathered that one
shouldn't look too hard for answers in it - Delany is definitely not
Wolfe and the significance of many of the allusions and themes is
minimal.

--
gwern