(urth) TSH: Doris and Lupine

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Fri Apr 16 11:15:32 PDT 2010

James Wynn wrote:
> >/ 2) Doris said "I think I'll turn around and go back" from some distance
> />/ behind him. This is her sending  her soul back away (so she can take Lupine
> />/ form).
> />/ 3) Her physical body remains with Bax, and the car keys remain in her
> />/ possession.
> /
> Doesn't this work better if Doris body goes off and changes into
> Lupine, while it is her soul (Mary King) who holds Bax's hand?

That's almost as plausible, except that when the hand-holder vanished
"something raced away, too big and too dark, too near the ground" (p.
129). That would seem to be Lupine in wolf form. If the hand-holder was
just a soul it seems like she would simply vanish without any extra
special effects, as the passenger did in the car.