(urth) Sorcerer's House--First Read--Some Thoughts/Questions

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:09:43 PDT 2010

> Is there reason to believe that Bax was the *younger* twin? If George
> is a werewolf, there is certainly a Jacob/(hairy) Esau thing going on
> here. As you know, Jacob not only cheated Esau out of his elder-son
> blessing, but he earlier sold Esau a pot of beans for his birthright
> -- an act in which Esau was hardly innocent, just as Bax implies was
> the case with George. Yet, I can't think of a scenario in which Bax
> changed the will and the instructions, or impersonates George.

Still, thinking about this. The house and property are not George's
"blessing". Millie is, which George is unable to appreciate. And Bax
impersonates George to get it.

As for their father wanting Bax to kill George:

Malachi 1:2-3
"Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" the LORD says. "Yet I have loved Jacob
but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a
wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals."