(urth) Sorcerer's House: First Impressions *spoilage*

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 08:43:59 PDT 2010

John Clute's review just appeared in NYRSF (alongside yours of _The Long Man_, so this is probably not news to you in particular), and his reaction was remarkably similar!

Since I just read it a few minutes ago, I have it at hand. His summary: "...I believe in Baxter Dunn... Because I wanted a Wolfe novel to read in a single sitting without escaping us utterly, and that by virtue of that single sitting love might be conveyed: Wolfe's love of telling, the love of the main characters of _House_ for each other, the love felt by the reader for a book whose author may, for once in his life, have told a tall tale around the campfire. I believed every word of it."