(urth) Another werewolf?

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Wed Sep 30 07:49:57 PDT 2009

Roy C. Lackey wrote:
> "Ebony bobbed like a cork in India's wake." (p. 143) That matches up nicely
> with your ". . . and Margaret bobbing in her wake" on p. 59.

It appears that Ebony White is another good werewolf candidate.  Look at
her name: werewolves are associated with the colors gray, black, and
white (p. 206) and her name is as black-and-white as you can get. She
bobs along like Margaret, so we have the loping walk. She never gets fat
(p. 59), possibly a sign of a high animal metabolism. She eats terrine
de lievre (terrine of hare) on that same page. Other food choices
include a BLT (p. 141, has bacon), and a breakfast with a side of
sausage and ham (p. 186, shades of the Three Little Pigs?). She spent
extra time in jail before being released when Margaret was taken --
possibly they were deciding which of the two werewolves was the most
dangerous one?